McLean is fortunate to have so many families, friends and neighbors who have been reaching out to ask what they can do to help during this unsettling time.
Flowers, cards and “Thank You” signs, as well as the meals delivered for staff, help to brighten our days and remind us that we are all in this together.
We deeply appreciate any donation to help us at this time.
Personal Protective Equipment
McLean needs the following items:
- Face shields
- N95 masks
- surgical masks
- homemade face masks
Please call Vickie Dirienzo, Director of Development at 860.658.3702 or Vickie.Dirienzo@McLeanCare.org. to arrange all donations. These items can then be left on the table under the McLean awning at 75 Great Pond Road, Simsbury, CT. All items must be clearly marked so that we know where to deliver them. Please include your name and contact information so we can thank you!
For Our Heroes
Our Health Care staff is amazing. If you would like to recognize them here are two ways:
- Food Donations for Staff: If you are interested in providing lunch or goodies to support our staff, we are accepting individual boxed or wrapped meals. We ask that the delivery be made at 11:30 am to accommodate the health care staff. To coordinate a food deliveries please contact Kate Senn, Director of Dining Services at 860.658.3935 or email@example.com.
- COVID 19 Fund for Staff: The hours that our health care workers are working are long. McLean is committed to its employees by making a COVID-19 Pandemic Bonus Differential to staff. If you would like to contribute to a staff fund to say “Thank You” please visit https://donatenow.networkforgood.org/McLean and in the dedication line note “staff.”
All gifts will be recognized.
The CARES Act Provides Tax Relief for Donors in 2020
- For those who do not itemize: A $300 “above-the-line” deduction can be taken for cash donations made in 2020.
- For those who do itemize:
- If you itemize on Schedule A of your tax return, you can claim a deduction for your charitable donations. However, the amount you can deduct for cash contributions is generally limited to 60% of your adjusted gross income (AGI). Any cash donations over that amount can be carried over for up to five years and deducted later.
- The CARES Act lifts the 60% of AGI limit for cash donations made in 2020 (although there’s still a 100% of AGI limit on all charitable contributions). That means itemizers can deduct more of their charitable cash contributions this year, which will hopefully boost charitable giving. As with the new above-the-line deduction, donations to donor advised funds and supporting organizations don’t count. (Kiplinger Website)
- Corporate giving limitations increased from 10% of taxable income to 25%.
Please check with your financial consultant to determine the impact of these changes.
The Many Ways to Support McLean
Thanks to the generous donations and selfless volunteer hours from people just like you, we’re able to provide, enhance, and sustain independence and the quality of life through our integrated health care services and campus community.
Whether it’s attending a fundraising event, joining our dedicated auxiliary, making a financial gift or becoming a volunteer, we count on your support for maintaining the standards for which McLean is known.
Donations of all sizes, small and large, enhance quality of life, support expert and compassionate medical care, and sustain independence and quality of life.
The McLean Development Office is part of the McLean Affiliates, a 501 (c)(3) not-for-profit organization.
Make Your Gift Online
We make it easy to donate to McLean through a secure online contribution. We accept MasterCard, Visa and American Express.
To Donate by Check
Please make your check payable to McLean and send it to: McLean Development Office, 75 Great Pond Road, Simsbury, CT 06070
To Make a Gift of Stock.
It’s easy to make a stock gift to McLean. Give us a call and we’ll provide you or your broker with the information needed to complete the transaction. Your gift will be credited on the day it’s received and will be valued at that day’s mean average. For more information or to make a stock donation, please call 860-658-3702 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about making a gift or to explore planned giving options please contact the McLean Development Office at 860-658-3702 or complete the Contact Us form and direct your comments and questions to Giving Opportunities.
Planned gifts are hard at work, every day and in every way. These gifts provide quality-of-life programs for the entire McLean community. For more information please visit Gifts that Keep on Giving.
- David J. Bordonaro (President, McLean)
- Debra Feldman
- Judith A. Fitzgerald
- Robert K. Griffin
- Rebecca May
- Mark Murnane
- Brewster Perkins
- Victor Rush
- Jane Stevenson
The Senator McLean Legacy Society recognizes individuals who’ve included McLean Health Care or the McLean Game Refuge in their will or through a planned gift.
Our members share in the mission and vision of Senator McLean.
There are so many ways to enhance life with a legacy gift to McLean. Tell us what really matters to you, and we’ll work together to create your lasting legacy. Every gift is significant, because even a modest bequest will grow substantially over time. Learn more about legacy gifts by visiting Gifts that Keep on Giving.
To begin a conversation today, call Vickie Dirienzo, CFRE in the McLean Development Office, 860-658-3702.
“When we give cheerfully and accept gratefully, everyone is blessed.”
– Maya Angelou
Your Generosity Makes a Difference!
Your generous gift has a profound effect on those it touches. You’ll feel good knowing it offers comfort and companionship. It provides strength, stability and confidence to regain independence. It encourages personal growth. It uplifts and inspires.
There are many areas to which you can direct your gift, including:
McLean Health Care
The Village at McLean
McLean Outdoor Enhancement
McLean Home Care
McLean Assisted Living
McLean Skilled Nursing
McLean Memory Care
McLean Rehabilitation Services
Meals on Wheels
McLean Game Refuge
Patient Personal Needs Fund
Memory Care and Hospice Volunteer Programs
Patient Life Enhancement Fund
McLean Benevolent Fund
Make Your Gift in Honor of Your Caregiver
Do you recall your McLean caregiver with affection and gratitude? The McLean Grateful Patient program provides a meaningful way to make your gift in honor of your caregiver. Let us know the name(s) of the caregiver(s) you wish to honor, and we’ll inform them of your kind gift. (Don’t worry if you don’t remember last names — we’ll figure it out!) Send gifts and notes to: McLean Development Office, 75 Great Pond Road, Simsbury, CT 06070.
Honor the Memory of Your Loved One
In lieu of flowers, you can choose to make donations in a loved one’s memory.
You can also designate which fund you’d like the gifts to be directed to.
Send memorial gifts to: McLean Development Office, 75 Great Pond Road, Simsbury, CT 06070.
We gratefully acknowledge the generosity and compassionate foresight of our Legacy Members.
Janet S. Barnes
Daniel P. Brown, Jr.
Robert M. Ellis
Janet Newell Fisk
Mavis E. Lenentine
Belle K. Ribicoff
Heidi Eddy Riggs
Pamela Gates Wright
W. Mason Beekley
Florence H. Bredahl
Richard H. Cole
Mary V. Freeman
Raymond B. Green
T. Stewart Hamilton
Wayne D. Hudson
Sheldon J. Kahn
Roy F. Lagan
Marion J. Lederman
Leila H. Little
Viola D. Mildren
Cecile B. Mitchell
John J. Moran
Miriam R. Nichols
June B. Prue
Irving S. Ribicoff
Michael P. Richardson
Rev. Norma Rust
Katrine F. Siegal
Wesley T. Sorenson
Margaret B. Spencer
Isabel B. Stubblebine
Alcide L. Tacy
McLean Celebrates the Migratory Bird Treaty Centennial