“Thank you all for the compassionate care you provided to our mother and our family. We never felt alone through our journey because of McLean.”
When focusing on how you live is your priority, think of McLean Hospice. With our-award winning team of dedicated providers, your care will be delivered with compassion and expertise. So when you know that in spite of the best medical interventions and treatments, life is limited, you can choose to focus on comfort and quality, and be empowered to make the very best of life’s most important decisions. McLean Hospice creates calm out of chaos, providing effective and meaningful support to ease pain and embrace life.
Bring McLean’s team to your home in the Farmington Valley and surrounding communities. McLean’s highly experienced care team are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Our entire supportive team is fully committed to delivering the utmost personalized patient care.
“Words cannot express the gratitude I have for the exceptional care my husband received from the entire Hospice team. Their service was beyond expectation. Without question, I would highly recommend McLean Hospice to anyone needing end-of-life support for both patient and family.”
– McLean Hospice Family Member
Holistic Care for You and the People You Love
The McLean Hospice Care team responds nonjudgmentally to individual needs and concerns to provide physical, social and emotional well-being – all while maintaining your loved one’s personal dignity. They’re also a specially trained LGBT inclusive organization.
For family members and caregivers, we offer support and education to help them better understand what’s happening at any particular point in time and what to expect moving forward. Bereavement services and support are also available for up to 13 months.
Together, we provide comfort, care and support for the human spirit when it counts the most.
The McLean Hospice Care Team includes
Registered Nurses – experts in pain and symptom management
Social Workers – assist with the emotional aspects of having a terminal illness as well as finding additional resources for suppor
Spiritual Counselors – assist your loved one, your family and caregivers in coping with the mix of emotions that can accompany a terminal diagnosis
Home Health Aides – provide hands-on care with things such as personal care or light housekeeping on an intermittent basis
Specially Trained Volunteers – provide social support and companionship
Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapists
McLean Hospice and Palliative Care specializes in:
- End-of-life care in your home, Assisted Living or Skilled Nursing community
- Understanding the unique needs of those with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia, heart disease, kidney disease, pulmonary disease and cancer
- Pain and symptom management
- Supporting the emotional and spiritual needs of patients and families
- Complementary treatments such as massage, Reiki, music and pet therapies
What sets us apart?
- Our team of highly experienced professionals that consists of Hospice RNs, Licensed Social Workers and Spiritual counselors with specialty training in hospice and palliative care as well as grief and loss
- Specialized training and expertise allow our team to develop a plan with your doctor to anticipate your needs and treat pain and other symptoms proactively
- We are a well-established (over 30 years), not for profit full service, Medicare certified hospice program which delivers high quality end of life care, with a focus on the individual patient and family
- Hospice Medical Director who is board certified physician in Hospice as well as Internal Medicine
- Consistently exceed local and national benchmarks for Caregiver Satisfaction, rating us 9 or 10 out of 10 and recommending our agency to family or friends
See how we compare
“You are truly special people.”
“Thank you from the bottom of my heart for the wonderful care you all provided for my mother. She loved you very much!”
McLean Hospice care takes place wherever the need exists – usually this is in the person’s own home, but sometimes in a Skilled Nursing or Assisted Living community.
As a family-centered concept of care, McLean Hospice care focuses as much on the family as on the person receiving care. Hospice is able to provide the full benefit of services when we are involved earlier. It is not just for the last few days or weeks of life. Hospice is ready to help provide comfort and an improved quality of life.