Join our extraordinary team at McLean in Simsbury, CT, and experience the satisfaction of knowing your work actually makes a difference. You’ll be part of a talented group that truly enjoys what they do and takes care of one another like family.
From the top on down, we roll up our sleeves and work together as trusted guides for our amazing residents and their families. We’re committed to our legacy of caring and you can feel it in the air every day. It’s meaningful. It’s supportive. It’s real. To see for yourself, watch our Life at McLean and Staff and Resident Testimonial videos.
If you have any questions about current or future job openings, please call us at 860-658-3724 or email us at email@example.com and we’ll be happy to discuss your career opportunities at McLean. Or, print out and complete the application. Then, scan and email it back to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it to:
McLean Human Resources
75 Great Pond Road
Simsbury, Ct 06070
Here on our beautiful campus in the heart of pristine nature, you’ll have the chance to learn and grow.
Our staff enjoys coming to work each day! “Our whole philosophy here is one of caring. We are a family.” – McLean RN
Employee Benefits Include
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive benefits program
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Flexible working schedule
Current Job Listings
Home Health Aide Scheduler – 24 hours weekly – 8am-2pm Monday-Friday – must have recent scheduling experience along with strong computer and customer service experience. Retirement plan along with paid time off.
We are looking for caring, compassionate, experienced CNA’s to join our nursing team! Aides who will connect and make a difference in the lives of our residents/patients. Excellent CNA to resident ratio.
Teamwork, respect, honesty, helpful, good, caring, dedicated, empathy, loving – just some of the words used by our employees to describe whey they enjoy working at McLean!
Rotating two-week schedule including every other weekend and yearly holiday rotation schedule
- Must be able to work well with all team members
- Computer skills are necessary for CNA documentation
Social Worker needed – must have previous home care and hospice experience. As needed as available for evaluations and re-visits, planning and acting as resource.
Per diem hours needed in our long term and post-acute settings. Flexible hours.
As needed for our home care and hospice agency. Looking for someone with previous experience in counseling along with facilitating bereavement groups. Part-time hours with mileage reimbursement.
Per diem – can work 2-3 days a week – laptops provided along with mileage reimbursement and on call rotation.
Nurses with long term care and/or post acute experience needed. Work a regular every other weekend 11p-7:30a schedule and pick up other shifts as available.
Evening hours 4p-7p evenings and weekends – steady hours and nice environment.
The McLean Game Refuge is a 4,415-acre wildlife sanctuary in north-central Connecticut. It was established in 1932 by former CT Governor and US Senator, George McLean on his private hunting reserve at the time of his death. Our work here focuses on managing a diverse array of habitats to support hundreds of plant and animal species, many of which are regionally threatened by habitat loss, invasive species, and climate change. Within our vast forests, we provide 27 miles of forest roads and hiking trails for the public to hike, snowshoe, and cross-country ski.
The McLean Game Refuge is searching for three (3) Summer Forest Rangers to complete its 2021 Summer Forest Crew. Under the direction of the Crew Leader and the Game Refuge Director, the Summer Forest Rangers will aid in the research, education, conservation, and maintenance activities of the Game Refuge for the summer of 2021. Applicants must be current undergraduate students pursuing a course of study in forestry, environmental studies, biology, botany, outdoor recreation, or other related field. Recent college graduates may also apply given they are pursuing a graduate degree in a related field. This position is designed as an internship to provide professional skills for a future career in an environmental field. This is a 10-week program beginning the first week of June and concluding in August.
- Remove trash and brush from trails
- Build, restore, and reroute trails and forest roads
- Collect GPS data and conduct mapping projects
- Collect and interpret tree core samples
- Support various research projects underway at the Game Refuge
- Maintain Game Refuge boundaries using mapping and signage
- Interact with visitors in the Game Refuge, providing information and encouraging visitors to adhere to rules and policies
- Clean and maintain equipment
- Perform other similar physical and clerical tasks related to conservation and recreation
- Arrive on time and consistently and clearly communicate with Crew Leader and Director about work availability
- Maintain a courteous and professional demeanor
- Come to work prepared with appropriate tools, equipment, and attire (boots and long pants must be worn at all times)
- Applicants must have completed or be pursuing a college degree in forestry, environmental studies, biology, botany, outdoor recreation, or other related field
- This position requires full range of body motion. Ability to lift and carry items weighing 50 pound or more, often combined with bending and turning. Requires manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires corrected vision and hearing within normal limits. Requires ability to hike 5 – 10 miles. Requires the use of hand tools
- Applicants must have demonstrated work or volunteer experience in an environmental, conservation, or outdoor recreation field in
- Cover Letter: One-page statement explaining why the applicant is interested in this position, how it will help him/her with professional goals, and why s/he feels qualified
- Applicants must submit their materials to Jody Smith at email@example.com by April 23rd.
- Compensation will be paid on an hourly basis at a rate of $13/ hour
24 hours weekly to care for our home care patients. Must have recent home care experience. Paid mileage along with laptop for charting. 3 days a week 8-4:30 with an on call rotation.