There’s a feeling of genuine warmth and caring throughout McLean. It’s pervasive. It’s real. You feel it in the air. You see it in the smiling faces all around you. Everyone treats one another like family. They connect with the world around them. They laugh and have fun. Explore and grow. They’re free to be themselves.
Opportunities to live well are boundless.
Countless enriching programs, events, trips and classes are yours for the taking, or you can just kick back and spend the day however you see fit.
Even with all the advantages and possibilities to enjoy on our serene, nature-filled campus, you’ll find just down the road all the unique dining, shopping, cultural and community events, and historical landmarks of the storybook town of Simsbury and beyond.
Nestled on 125 pristine acres filled with towering white pines and unspoiled wilderness, there’s a natural beauty to life here.
Campus Amenities and Services
Here’s just a sample of the many fun and convenient amenities and services you’ll enjoy:
- Spacious, well-appointed villas, apartment homes and rental cottages
- A full continuum of 5-Star rated health care services
- On-campus Health Clinic
- Flexible Fresh Choices dining options with locally sourced ingredients
- Boundless wellness programs
- SilverSneakers® classes, including yoga, strength and balance, and steady and fit
- Beautiful walking trails
- Therapeutic warm-water therapeutic pool with aquatic fitness classes
- Hop Meadow Country Club social membership
- Park-like gated courtyard with walking paths, firepit and fish pond
- Robust calendar of cultural and educational programs, lectures and classes
- Wildlife and horticulture programs
- Recreational and social activities
- Outings for shopping, theater, cultural and community events
- Intergenerational experiences, including partnership with Montessori school
- Sorenson Media and Technology Center
- Painting, ceramics, music and crafts programs
- Available transportation for medical appointments, shopping and events
- Auxiliary gift shop
- Chapel, Bible study and church services
- Volunteer opportunities on and off campus
Enriching Our Communities
As a not-for-profit Life Plan Community with a history of caring for people, we’re fully committed to supporting the needs of seniors and their families throughout the Farmington Valley. We offer an abundance of community resources, programs and volunteer opportunities designed to enrich the lives of those we serve. They include:
- Adult Day Program
- Meals on Wheels
- Support groups
- Driving Assessment Program
- Memory Care and Hospice volunteers