Some of the Services and Conveniences Our Enriching Lifestyle Include
- All-inclusive pricing
- Restaurant-style, cooked-to-order dining with three meals daily
- Support with the activities of daily living, including transfer or mobility assistance
- Primary care physician services
- Medication management by an RN
- Dentistry, podiatry, audiology and psychology services
- Wellness assessments
- Dedicated memory care support provided by certified care partners
- A full range of recreational, cultural, wellness and educational programs
- Social events, programs and volunteering opportunities
- Oversight by a medical director, nurse practitioner and registered dietician
- On-site therapy services
- Scheduled transportation to appointments, outings, shopping and more
- Housekeeping, personal laundry and linen service
- Complete peace of mind
How do I know when someone needs Assisted Living?
Depending on the circumstances of your situation, or that of your loved one, needs can be matched to the right level of assistance. When help with daily tasks is needed, such as taking medicines, bathing, dressing, meals, transportation and/or housekeeping, or if safety is a concern, an assisted living residence can be the answer. Trained professionals provide this assistance while helping preserve an individual’s independence. If concerns are identified by a resident, loved one, friends, neighbors or team members, our interdisciplinary team will coordinate a meeting with the resident and family to explore options. We do this together.
What if my loved one needs more than is provided in Assisted Living?
This is the idea behind the continuum of care. In addition to Assisted Living, McLean offers memory care for those suffering from Alzheimer’s or another form of age-related dementia. Then there is Skilled Nursing care. In addition to regular wellness evaluations, Skilled Nursing care at McLean offers licensed, comprehensive, round-the-clock care for those recovering from illness or injury or needing more long-term supervision and care.
Send us your questions, comments or requests by using the form below. You can even request to schedule a virtual appointment for our brand new Expansion, our Independent Living, or our Assisted Living. Please fill out our request form, and one of our team members will be in touch with you shortly.
The McLean Auxiliary relies upon its members for charitable support and the contribution of time. To become an Auxiliary Member, fill out our application Membership Brochure 2021-22
- All volunteer-run gift shop
- Membership socials
- Bake sale
- Casino games for residents
- Dining room holiday flower arranging with residents
- May Day and Veterans Day flowers for all Health Center residents
- Holiday gift wrapping for residents
- Art lounge (different artist each month)
- Strawberry Festival awarding annual grants and scholarship
- Angel Hearts Gifts — Valentine gifts for all residents
- Scholarship program
- Artists reception for residents
The McLean Auxiliary Gift Shop
Our gift shop is for one-stop shopping. We guarantee you’ll find something for someone you love — and you, too! Even better, your purchase is a gift that keeps on giving. The store is run entirely by volunteers, and purchases support a multitude of activities and needs for McLean residents.
The shop is located in the lobby of the McLean Health Center and is open:
Monday through Friday: 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Saturday: Noon – 3 p.m.
If you’re interested in volunteering in the gift shop,please contact the Auxiliary at McLean.Auxiliary@mcleancare.org or call 860-658-3710.
The McLean Auxiliary Annual Scholarship Award
The McLean Auxiliary awards an annual scholarship up to $1,500 to an employee or child of an employee who’s pursuing a post-high school education in a medical or health care-related field.
Applications are available to employees in the McLean Human Resources office. Application can be made at any time. Decisions will be made annually during the last week of July. If granted assistance will be paid after successful (grade C or better) completion of the course.
The McLean Auxiliary will announce winners of the scholarship at their Membership Social in October.
The McLean Auxiliary Board Members
Ann ODonnell, President
Jane Stevenson, Vice President
Doris Rothe, Treasurer
Sandi Cady, Recording Secretary
Judy Fitzgerald, Corresponding Secretary
Carlene Rhea, McLean Liaison
Explore boundless ways to live exceptionally well. >>