As the state begins to lift restrictions in phases, and we are seeing businesses begin to open their doors, we too are looking for ways to gradually and methodically resume admissions on our campus.
We are taking a close look at all recommendations and guidelines issued by local and national health care agencies on the very best way to protect our campus and community as we start to welcome visitors, new patients and residents.
For your reference, below is a comprehensive list of the mitigating activities we continue to implement to prevent or reduce the risk of transmission of the COVID-19 virus, as well as any changes we’ve made to normal operations, in our health center
- Proper mask wearing is required for the full duration of visits. Eating or drinking is permitted at this time. Pets are welcome with vaccination records. Proper social distancing and hand sanitizing guidelines are followed. Virtual visits are an option to in person visits.
- As we comply with the State’s travel advisories, our family/friend visits are being impacted by these protocols. For your reference, the following website explains this process: https://portal.ct.gov/Coronavirus/travel
- A health screening process is in place at our entrance for all essential personnel entering the building, including staff testing per CT DPH guidelines. Visitors must show valid driver’s license. Children will also be screened.
- Group activities are limited in size, including dining, and are limited to areas that allow for appropriate social distances.
- Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) is available and worn by all staff while on campus.
- Enhanced cleaning process with approved products and increased focus on touched surfaces.
- Masks are provided to all residents to wear when out of their room or if engaged with their care team (with the exception of face care, taking medications or eating).
- COVID-19 testing of staff and residents follows the Governor’s executive orders and we are currently working with state assigned partners. We will isolate any resident with a positive test result and implement additional testing and cohorting strategies. Residents are being closely monitored throughout the day, as well.
- Medical appointments via telemedicine are encouraged whenever possible.
- The Salon and Barber Shop will be open 9:00 am – 3:00 pm; Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. All residents must have a completed Resident Salon Services form on file.
Thank you for trusting us as we continue to navigate new and unfamiliar paths.