- Family members and friends may scheduled indoor or outdoor visits, through Kathy.Cookson@McLeanCare.org. Proper mask wearing is required for the full duration of these visits. No eating or drinking is permitted at this time. Pets are not permitted, per guidance from the CT Department of Epidemiology. Proper social distancing and hand sanitizing guidelines are followed. Skype and Virtual visits continue to be offered by appointment.
- As we comply with the State’s travel advisories, our family/friend visits are being impacted by these protocols. For your reference, the following website explains this process: https://portal.ct.gov/Coronavirus/travel
- A health screening process is in place at our entrance for all essential personnel entering the building, including staff testing per CT DPH guidelines. Visitors must show valid driver’s license. Children will also be screened.
- Group activities are limited in size, including dining, and are limited to areas that allow for appropriate social distances.
- Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) is available and worn by all staff while on campus.
- Enhanced cleaning process with approved products and increased focus on touched surfaces.
- Masks are provided to all residents to wear when out of their room or if engaged with their care team (with the exception of face care, taking medications or eating).
- COVID-19 testing of staff and residents follows the Governor’s executive orders and we are currently working with state assigned partners. We will isolate any resident with a positive test result and implement additional testing and cohorting strategies. Residents are being closely monitored throughout the day, as well.
- Regular audits are conducted by the CT Department of Public Health, National Guard and CDC to survey our infection control practices.
- Medical appointments via telemedicine are encouraged whenever possible.
- The Salon and Barber Shop will be open 9:00 am – 3:00 pm; Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. All residents must have a completed Resident Salon Services form on file.
Below are links to the comprehensive list of steps we are taking in each department, to reduce the risk of transmission of the COVID-19 virus and to protect the health and well-being of our residents, patients and staff as we begin to safely move forward.
Thank you for trusting us as we continue to navigate new and unfamiliar paths.
Assisted Living Move-Ins (coming soon)
Home Care & Hospice
Independent Living Move-Ins (coming soon)
Meals-On-Wheels (coming soon)
Outpatient Physical Therapy
Visiting the Health Center