The Mission and Purpose of the McLean Auxiliary
Since 1972, the McLean Auxiliary has provided life enhancement support to McLean residents, patients, families and staff.
The McLean Auxiliary is a group of volunteers dedicated to supporting the quality of life and wellness for McLean residents, patients and clients. From the beautiful gift shop with something for everyone, to annual fundraisers, and numerous activities with and for residents, the McLean Auxiliary is an integral part of the McLean family. Anyone can join the Auxiliary – current and former employees, residents, families of residents, friends and neighbors.
The McLean Auxililary is financially supported by membership dues, fundraisers and the Gift Shop. The Auxiliary awards grants annually to support residents' services and quality of life activities. Grants are given for residents' special needs (such as haircuts, personal items, eyeglasses), life enrichment activities and entertainment programs as well as equipment that enhances patient care.
- All volunteer run Gift Shop
- Membership socials
- Bake Sale
- Casino Games for residents
- Dining Room Holiday Flower arranging with residents
- May Day and Veterans Day Flowers for all Health Center residents
- Holiday Gift Wrapping for residents
- Art Lounge (different artist each month)
- Strawberry Festival awarding annual Grants and Scholarship
- Angel Hearts Gifts - Valentine gifts for all residents
- Scholarship program
- Artists Reception for Residents
- Angel Visits with Residents
The Second Angel Hearts Gifts
Once again, on Valentine's Day each resident of the Health Center recieved a small gift.
The gifts were something the resident had asked for and those "wishes"
were place on the Angel Heart Tree.
Friends, auxiliary members and staff took those "wishes" and donated the items.
So many items were donated that all residents received more than one item!
The McLean Auxiliary relies upon its membership for charitable support and the contribution of time. To become an Auxiliary Member, fill out our application. To review the bylaws of the McLean Auxiliary, please click here.
Auxiliary Upcoming Events: Please join us!
- St. Patrick's Day Flower Arranging, March 16th meet in the greenhouse at 10:15 am
- Easter Flower Arranging, March 30th, meet in the greenhouse at 10:15 am
- Scholarship Application Deadline: March 31st
- Casino Games, April 24th, 3:30 to 4:30 pm in the McLean Living Room
- May Day Flowers, May 1st, 11:30 am to 2pm in the Craft Room
- Mother's Day Flower Arranging, May 11th, meet in the greenhouse at 10:15 am
- Spring Market, Friday and Saturday, May 4 & 5 *NEW*
→for more information click here
→Application for crafters
- Annual Meeting and Strawberry Festival, June 4th, 1:00 pm in the Hartford Room
Welcome to The McLean Auxiliary Gift Shop
The McLean Auxiliary Gift Shop is for one-stop shopping. We guarantee you’ll find something for someone you love — and you, too!
Even better, your purchase is a gift that keeps on giving. The store is run entirely by volunteers and purchases support a multitude of activities and needs for McLean residents through the Auxiliary.
Seasonal delights are also available. The shop is located in the lobby of the McLean Health Center and open daily.
The hours are:
- Sunday 1:30 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Monday through Friday 11 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Saturday 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
If you are interested in volunteering in the Gift Shop please contact the Auxiliary at McLean.Auxiliary@mcleancare.org or through the Auxiliary voicemail 860.658.3710.
The McLean Auxiliary Annual Scholarship Award
The McLean Auxiliary awards an annual scholarship in the amount of $1,500. For specifics regarding candidate qualifications and application process, click here.
The 2018 application is now available. Please click here for the application The Deadline for submission is March 31, 2018.
2017 Scholarship Recipients - Lisa Novak and Rebecca Soroka
The McLean Auxiliary recognized Lisa Novak, daughter of Hospice Office and Volunteer Coordinator Chris Novak, and Rebecca Soroka, a Certified Nursing Assistant/Care Partner who has been a full time employee at McLean for the last 16 years, as the recipients of their annual $1,500 scholarship. This scholarship is awarded each year to an employee, or a child of an employee, who will be attending college in the fall to pursue a career in a health care related field. Due to the success of the holiday wreath auction the Auxiliary held this year, they were thrilled to be able to award two scholarships. Lisa is currently an RN and pursuing a Master’s Degree in Nurse Anesthesia at Boston College, while Rebecca is taking a certificate program at Branford Hill Career Institute in Windsor, to become a Registered Medical Assistant. The two women accepted their awards from Auxiliary Scholarship Chairperson, Lorraine Daigle. In photo on right: Rebecca Soroka, Lorraine Daigle, Lisa Novak.
The McLean Auxiliary Board Members
Maria Babicki Lucian Cascio Alayna Clark
Angela Cleveland Marge Diachenko Vickie Dirienzo
Judy Fitzgerald Pat Gallagher Judy Goff
Rebecca May Connie Norstrom Jane Stevenson