McLean doesn't just say we're good - we constantly measure quality data and patient satisfaction… our acknowledgements include:
- McLean's nursing home has an excellent reputation, strong quality measures and is in the top 10% of the nation in patient and family satisfaction.
- McLean is a 5 Star Nursing Home according to the data released by Medicare.
- McLean Post-Acute Unit is highly ranked among peer not-for-profit facilities in CT. 100% of these patients gave excellent and good scores for "overall satisfaction."
- McLean Home Care is #1 among home care agencies in our service area for having the lowest rate of hospitalization for our patients, according to "Home Health Compare" outcomes at www.medicare.gov.
- We have been named a HomeCare Elite Top Agency numerous times. HomeCare Elite is an annual recognition of the most successful Medicare-certified home health care providers in the nation, ranking agencies in quality improvement and financial performance. For more information about HomeCare Elite visit www.ocshomecare.com.
- McLean Outpatient therapy clients give McLean excellent grades (100% gave perfect scores) for degree to which the service met and exceeded their expectations.
LeadingAge Quality First
To ensure McLean continues its legacy of quality, the trustees committed to LeadingAge's Quality First Covenant and have made the following pledge to maximize quality of care and quality of life for older adults:
- We are committed to achieving excellence in the quality of care and services provided to consumers and to earning the public's trust.
- We believe that aging has a fulfilling purpose in life and that our society's elders have enduring value to family and community.
- We believe that not-for-profit organizations have a special role in society to provide healthy, affordable, and ethical aging services. Our objective is to provide the highest quality and most compassionate care and services to the people we serve.
- We believe that the field of aging services should adhere to applicable legal, ethical and professional standards that are based on stated values and policies in each of our organizations.
- We believe that we should strive to offer programs and services that are based on contemporary research and knowledge to meet the needs of the people we serve as well as paid and volunteer caregivers, to the best of our ability.